Fort Collins-based developer and design-build firm The Neenan Company has earned the annual Hometown Hero award by Fort Collins Habitat for Humanity. Neenan has partnered with Habitat since 2015 and continues to grow its passion and efforts toward supporting Habitat’s mission.
Recognized as a leading Habitat partner for demonstrating compassion, leadership and willingness to engage with the many facets of the nonprofit’s mission, Neenan was selected among many dedicated partners based on its history of service:
- Design & Construction: The Neenan Company has a long history of contributing its design and construction expertise to support Habitat projects. In 2015, Neenan was selected to lead site development for the Harmony Cottages neighborhood. The team not only delivered 48 buildable lots but, leveraging its design-build model, also paired philanthropy with the design team. Neenan’s leadership, project management and cost containment contributed to delivering the lots at 30%-40% under market value, saving Habitat approximately $1.5 million.
- Philanthropy: Neenan has invested generously in Habitat’s work, providing matching incentives to ensure fundraising goals are met.
- Events: Neenan has sponsored many Habitat events, including creating a charity golf tournament. This golf tournament marks the most successful single fundraising event put on for Fort Collins Habitat for Humanity in the organization’s history.
- Global: The Neenan Company collaborated with the Habitat team to present the unique co-development model for the Harmony Cottages neighborhood at the nonprofit’s national conference and in a one-on-one session with the Las Vegas affiliate, to educate and help other markets replicate the project’s success.
- ReStore: Neenan has supported Habitat’s retail enterprise, assisting with a much-needed ReStore re-landscaping project. Neenan provided the equipment and manpower to deliver a clean and welcoming exterior, and even helps plow the parking lots during snowstorms.
- Leadership: This year, The Neenan Company helped establish the Hard Hats for Habitat partnership with industry peers Elder Construction and Brinkman Construction. The first of an ongoing collaboration focused on AEC industry partners working together, the companies have committed to raising $100,000 to sponsor the cost of building a new home for a hardworking Fort Collins family.
About The Neenan Company: The Neenan Company strengthens and builds communities across the country with an integrated and entrepreneurial approach to design, construction, and development projects. The Colorado-based firm, founded in 1966, is a pioneer of the design-build model specializing in creating commercial, education, healthcare and community facilities that generate economic vitality and inspire people to be well, to learn and to lead. More information is available at www.neenan.com.
About Habitat for Humanity: Driven by the vision that everyone needs a decent place to live, Habitat for Humanity found its earliest inspirations as a grassroots movement on an interracial community farm in south Georgia. Since its founding in 1976, the Christian housing organization has grown to become a leading global nonprofit working in local communities across all 50 states in the U.S. and in more than 70 countries. Families and individuals in need of a hand up partner with Habitat for Humanity to build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. Through financial support, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Through shelter, we empower. To learn more, visit habitat.org.