The expansion of the Colorado Convention Center includes a new 80,000 square foot column free multipurpose room and outdoor rooftop terrace with sweeping views of the city skyline and mountains. The project will be the largest ballroom in Colorado and expand one of the largest buildings in Denver. On the ground floor, there will be lobby renovations and seamless integration with the existing building, while offering attendees safe and easy access to an additional 150,000 square feet of meeting space, 600,000 square feet of exhibit space and a 5,000 seat Bellco Theatre.
The improvements will serve the needs of modern day convention-goers and differentiate the facility from others, ensuring it remains an attractive and global competitor. When complete, the expansion will generate an additional $85 million in annual economic impact. The project is anticipated to
be completed in late 2023, while ensuring it can continue to operate during construction.
Construction Timeline Timeline updated - August 2022
Highlights of this project include:
- Rooftop expansion connecting new Ballroom and Pre-function spaces to landscaped outdoor areas with a birds-eye view of downtown Denver and the Rocky Mountains.
- Technology improvements and inviting networking spaces that position the CCC as the industry leader.
- Seamless integration with the existing building while offering attendees safe and easy access to CCC and Bellco Theatre events.
The design and construction of the expansion project is projected to:
- Create or support 2,691 jobs, including skilled trades and apprenticeships that will offer training opportunities for Denver residents currently out of work.
- Generate $195M in labor income
- Generate $475M in anticipated sales
- Add approximately $4B to the Gross Regional Product (GRP). GRP is the regional version of the national GDP (Gross Domestic Product) and is the single most useful and comprehensive metric for measuring economic impact.